Publishing structured data on the Web is a hot topic these days. XML and JSON are go-to formats for HTTP endpoints, because they can be easily consumed by machines. However, these formats are less wieldable for humans though. So, how can we extract data from an XML or JSON document without heavy duty coding?
Breadcrumbs are one of those components on a website that don't always get the attention they deserve. If done right, they can become a valuable asset. But if thrown in as an afterthought, they can turn into another nail of a projects' coffin.
Is it easy to expose data stored in Drupal and use it in a web application? Of course it is! But how do you make Drupal and AngularJS play nice together? I decided to record an introductory screencast that answers this question.
I've been joining the AngularJS bandwagon lately. Why? Because modern browsers and devices can do so much more besides merely rendering static HTML. And client side frameworks are excellent companions for processig raw server side API output. Here's what I've come to learn.
A few weeks ago, I ran into an issue with the Entity Reference module and the Internationalization suite. A client with a project featuring content in multiple languages, wanted the autocomplete widget only to show suggestions in the active language. On the surface, this didn't look like an exceptional request, but the process to devise a good solution became quite interesting.
Over the past decade, I've been writing my personal lifelog on netsensei.be. I started out using Movable Type but switched to WordPress soon after. Deployment of updates has always been a nagging problem. I went through the painstaking motions using FTP, SCP and other tools. Oftentimes, I would forego an upgrade because the process of ugprading was just too time consuming.
Say hello to the new colada.be. This site has gotten a complete overhaul. It's been redesigned and rebuild from scratch. It's one project I wanted to do over the fall season. Not only did I take the opportunity to try out several new hip tools such as Sass & Grunt, I also wanted to confront myself with my own creative process.
Over the past couple years, I’ve been working on and off on the integration between Mollom and WordPress. Today, I proudly present you the release of the second version of the plugin. Nearly 4 years in development, the plugin has been completely re-architected. It contains many improvements and new features below and above the hood: